You’re gonna learn soooo many phrases today but first: song facts, then lyrics line by line and finally the most important part – the practical part.
Stay with me till then, it’s crucial for you to speak up!
The title of the song I picked for today might suggest that we’ll be dealing with ‘be used to’ but we won’t. It’s because we have a separate episode on that topic.
It’s episode 24: Used To vs Be/Get Used To.
In episode 138:
- song facts – origins of the song
- why does the video have nearly two billion views?
- repeat each verse line by line
- phrases: ‘in your company’, ‘to get addicted to’, ‘I was glad’, ‘stoop so low’, ‘have your friends collect your records’, ‘reading into every word you say’
- vocabulary elements: ‘ache’, ‘rough’
- phrasal verbs: ‘cut off’, ‘make out’, ‘screw over’, ‘hung up on somebody’
- reported speech tips
- 12 sentences to repeat out loud while listening to the episode
In the episode I spoke about:
🧾 Zestaw kart pracy:
🎥🍿 Czy nauka z serialami jest dla Ciebie? ⬇️Pobierz checklistę
🗣 Czy jesteś gotowy na lekcje online 1:1?. ⬇️Pobierz checklistę
Muzyka: “Zazie” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/