Here’s the first episode of a series on reasons why English is in fact a hard language to learn. What first jumped to my mind was phrasal verbs. Oh my, who doesn’t hate phrasal verbs? Today you’ll hear 5 reasons why we hate them. Hating phrasal verbs won’t make them go away, but it’ll you more aware of the problems so that the solutions will come.
In episode 171:
- Why ‘look for’ hasn’t got much to do with ‘look’
- How many meanings does ‘put off’ have?
- ‘Take your shoes off’ or ‘take off your shoes’?
- ‘get rid’ or ‘get rid of’?
- idiomatic meaning of some phrasal verbs
- 14 sentences to repeat out loud while listening to the episode. Listen, speak and learn!
Download the Worksheet and translate 10 sentences into English.
In the episode I mention:
🗣️ Start speaking English fearlessly today, join our challenge here.
🧾 Zestaw kart pracy:
📚 E-book – Transkrypcje do odcinków 0-50 Teacher Ola Podcast:
🎥🍿 Czy nauka z serialami jest dla Ciebie? ⬇️Pobierz checklistę
🗣 Czy jesteś gotowy na lekcje online 1:1?. ⬇️Pobierz checklistę
Muzyka: “Zazie” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/